proMONT-BLANC, an international non governmental organisation founded in 1991 works for a cross-border protection of the Mont Blanc range and for the development of the entire three-country area, without changes to its natural environment or heritage.
It has several aims:
- invite millions of members of the associations that subscribe to it to practice socially and environmentally sustainable tourism and mountaineering;
- encourage the inhabitants of the valleys to be actively involved in their future;
- remind the three governments concerned (Italy, France, Switzerland) of their joint responsibility;
- encourage the European Union to apply its environmental policy on the summits of the Alps and the surroundings;
- campaign for UNESCO to include this mythical mountain in its World Heritage list.