Recipe / Coconut cashew pilau rice
- The spirit of the Caribbean is in this invigorating recipe, in which the lime zest awakens the taste-buds.
For 1 person
Weight in the backpack: approximately 170g
- 100g of rice
-1 to 2 tablespoons of grated coconut (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of ground cashew nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander or cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon of strong or mild chilli to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Write on a zip bag the name of the contents: "Coconut pilau rice" and the cooking time of your rice (a quick cook rice isn't a bad idea)
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients. Tip them into the zip bag. Form an airtight seal on the bag, removing as much air as possible.
- Put the contents of the zip bag into the pot, heat it for 1 minute on a very low heat while stirring, then add twice the amount of water.
- Leave to cook for the time indicated while stirring regularly. Add water as it is cooking if required. When all the water has been absorbed by the rice, it is ready. Cut the heat, add salt and pepper to taste,. and there you have it!