HikingGears tipsTips for beginners Practice TipsFamily, babies & childrenSnow & cold weather Where to go ?Hiking responsiblyNature Explore
Melting chocolate, energising ginger and crunchy coconut for a delicious breakfast.
For 1 person:
Weight in the backpack: approximately 150g
- 60g of oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon of almonds
- 1 tablespoon of banana chips cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of a 70% dark chocolate bar cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon of powdered milk (or 1 pod)
- 1/2 a teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar (vanilla for the real foodies)
- Write on a zip bag the name of the contents: "Chocolate, almond, coconut muesli"
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients.
Tip them into the zip bag. Form an airtight seal on the bag, removing as much air as possible.
If you prefer the muesli cold,
- Add the contents of the bag into your cooking pot. Add water. Mix and leave to stand for a few minutes.
If you prefer the muesli hot,
- Boil a little water in your cooking pot. When the water is hot, cut the heat and put the contents of the bag into the cooking pot. Mix and leave to stand for a few minutes.
Tip: Obviously, make your hot drink before making your muesli in your cooking pot. Otherwise, the tea or coffee will have a funny taste :P
N.B.: the breakfasts can be eaten as desserts for the very sporty ;)