HikingGears tipsTips for beginners Practice TipsFamily, babies & childrenSnow & cold weather Where to go ?Hiking responsiblyNature Explore
Are you going hiking? Remember to take healthy, zero waste and homemade snacks!
In addition to being better for your health and the planet than industrial products, you will be proud to have made these delicious vegetable crisps yourself or with your family, to brighten up your picnic when hiking!
A SIMPLE AND ORIGINAL RECIPE TO EAT CRISPS FULL OF DELICIOUS INGREDIENTS (IT IS POSSIBLE, WE PROMISE!)
- "Root" vegetables: potatoes, beetroot, parsnip, carrots, etc.
- Olive oil
- Spices (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (thermostat 6)
- After pealing your vegetables (or washing them if they are organic), cut them into very thin, medium sized slices.
- Spread the slices wide on the parchment paper on a oven-proof tray.
- Brush them with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and turn the crisps over to brown them on both sides.
- Once you remove them from the oven and leaving them to dry, you can salt them and/or mix them with spices (like curry or paprika) for an original touch!
Have you tried? Tell us in the comments section!