HikingGears tipsTips for beginners Practice TipsFamily, babies & childrenSnow & cold weather Where to go ?Hiking responsiblyNature Explore
There are few simple things we can do to look after our socks - and, by extension, our feet - that we often overlook:
- We recommend washing your socks inside out at a maximum of 30°C to preserve the quality of the fibre. We strongly discourage dry cleaning.
- It's also important to avoid tumble-drying. We recommend that you lay your socks out flat and leave them to air-dry.
- We recommend storing your socks in a dry, dark place (away from humidity and light which can damage textile fibres).
After hiking, don't leave your socks scrunched up in balls.. It's better to turn them inside out or lay them out flat, especially if you need to reuse them a few times and are unable to wash them.
- Change your socks at the first sign of wear; don't carry on hiking wearing worn socks. We strongly recommend changing your socks to prevent rubbing or injury.
- Never iron them as this can damage the elastic.