HikingGears tipsTips for beginners Practice TipsFamily, babies & childrenSnow & cold weather Where to go ?Hiking responsiblyNature Explore
A couscous recipe, designed for you, in which the chickpeas marry with the sun-dried tomatoes and lemon zest.
For 1 person
Weight in the backpack: Approximately 200g
-100g of couscous
-60g of chickpeas
-30g of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of fried onions
- 1 teaspoon of basil (fresh or dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Spices, more or less ground according to your taste
- Write on a zip bag the name of the contents: "Chickpea couscous" and the cooking time indicated on your packet of couscous.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients well.
-Tip the contents into a zip bag. Form an airtight seal on the bag, removing as much air as possible.
And there you have it!
- Boil water in your cooking pot
- Tip the contents of the zip bag into a bowl, or a pot lid, or any other container which will be able to hold warm water, and mix the couscous and the ingredients thoroughly. Once boiled, add the mixture and cover it with 1cm of water. Leave to inflate for 5 minutes, breaking up the grains with a fork or spoon,. and it is ready!
For those allergic or intolerant to gluten (or quite simply for a change!), it is possible to replace the couscous with quinoa or rice. The cooking will therefore be different.