HikingGears tipsTips for beginners Practice TipsFamily, babies & childrenSnow & cold weather Where to go ?Hiking responsiblyNature Explore
Going on a camping holiday and want to cook something different for breakfast?
You must try this recipe for coconut milk rice pudding for an energising breakfast!
It can be made lactose-free by using plant milk such as almond milk or rice milk, and you can take it with you on the trails.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
. A saucepan (included in the MH500 cookset)
. A lid (included in the MH500 cookset)
. A MH500 wood stove
. A cup (included in the MH500 cookset)
. A soup spoon
. 1 cup of short grain rice
. 2 cups of milk (cow's or plant)
. 1 cup of coconut milk
. 3 soup spoons of agave syrup
To go with it:
Fresh fruit and dried fruits, agave syrup
1. Heat the saucepan from your cookset on the wood stove and add the rice and 2 cups of milk.
2. Mix and leave to cook for 15 mins
Stir regularly during cooking.
3. Add the coconut milk and replace the lid for 10 mins.
Keep stirring regularly.
4. Add the 3 soup spoons of agave syrup, leave to cook for an additional 5 mins.
5. It's ready!
Serve the rice with fresh fruit, dried fruits and a drizzle of agave syrup.
6. Put it in an airtight tub or freezer bag to take your breakfast with you.
Share your creations with us using #quechua